Bibracte: An Iron Age site in Burgundy where I excavated in 1989-1990. FrDr, CC BY-SA 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0, via Wikimedia Commons

In my previous career as an archaeologist, I unearthed evidence, each discovery revealing a new layer of understanding. Similarly, my journey through the Masters in Educational Technology (MET) program has been a process of unearthing and discovering layers of knowledge and skills, each adding depth to my understanding of the field.

1. The first layer of my dig represents my goal to articulate the role of theory and evidence-based approaches in online teaching readiness. Just as an archaeologist uses a framework to understand their findings, I will develop a curriculum to support faculty at VCC, creating a draft framework that includes theoretical and evidence-based approaches.
  2. The second layer of my dig symbolizes my SMART goal for the effective collection and use of analytical data from educational technologies. This goal, much like an archaeologist’s map, will guide my exploration and understanding of learning analytics at VCC.
  3. The final layer of my dig signifies my aim to gain a detailed understanding of the appropriate and effective use of educational technologies in postsecondary contexts. Like an archaeologist sharing their discoveries with the world, I will create a digital resource to showcase potential tools and their uses for faculty members.

You can see each of my goals below: