Stirling Castle, Scotland, where I excavated from 1996-1998. By Andrew Shiva / Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=51288555

The completion of an archaeological excavation is not the end of the process: finds must be catalogued, preserved and stored. An excavation report must be prepared and published so the wider community can understand the work that has been done.

Completing a portfolio describing my experiences and my learning through the MET is also not the end of the journey. In my goals, and from the start of my time in the MET, I identified aims and ambitions that I have yet to fully achieve. The process of compiling the portfolio has helped me to put these into focus, and has provided the springboard for future action.

Educational technology is a constantly changing field in which to plan a career. Challenging myself to a deeper dive into the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of ed tech has been an enriching experience and has given me a stronger foundation on which to build. New challenges (AI, funding challenges, a changing student demographic) are all easier to meet with a solid foundation in the ideas and practical approaches I have learned in this course.