An inhumation grave and grave-goods from Bylany, Czechia, where I excavated from 1991-1993. Zde, CC BY-SA 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0, via Wikimedia Commons

The primary audience for my portfolio is myself: I am not planning to use the portfolio to advance my career or to showcase my skills and knowledge to others. Instead, I see myself as the lead archaeologist, carefully unearthing and examining the artifacts of my learning journey.

Another audience will be the faculty at VCC. I hope to use the experience and product of ETEC590 as an exemplar, helping to promote the effective use of portfolios to faculty at VCC. Just as an archaeologist shares their findings with the academic community, I aim to share my discoveries and insights with my colleagues. Given the changing needs of industry and the challenges of managing traditional assessments in the age of AI, portfolios represent one form of authentic assessment that we are trying to promote, and I hope to use my portfolio as an exemplar.

Another audience could be the MET community of scholars taking the course now and/or in the future. They, too, can benefit from the artifacts and insights unearthed during my excavation of this learning journey.